Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Paying the price

Had a charming lunch time chat with a Madridista yesterday, explaining the universal characteristics of all Gypsies - needless to say he wasn't a great fan of this particular ethnic grouping. Wasn't amused by being reminded that said group of people were on the same list for extermination as others in Nazi Germany - I think he thought I was being smart, whereas I was merely pointing out that I thought he was a neo-fascist racist. Funnily enough he had a similar attitude to the racist chanting in the Spain v England game that kicked this blog off all those weeks ago. I haven't bothered to ask him what he thought about the weekend's madridista antics - I mean what would be the point?
Throwing a flare at a goalkeeper is worth £132,000 in fines, apparently. A stadium chanting racist abuse at various black players is worth €600 (£420), on the other hand. Money isn't the answer; derisory sums make the problem seem laughable. Deduct points, make them play behind closed doors, and if that doesn't work kick them out - madridistas et al.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home