Wednesday, March 09, 2005

To be honest we'd started out wanting Barça to win as I'm no lover of Chelsea FC but two factors consipired to change my mind. Firstly the petulent outbursts prior to the game by some Barça players that indicated a certain anglophobia directed at all English league clubs - like all forms of racism, xenophobia is out as far as we here at Anti-Madridista are concerned. Also, a similar trail of nonsense on radio 1 as I was driving home down the motorway. Then it occured to me that this prattish prattling was being perpetrated by, yes you've guessed it, the same madridistas that serve up the same lop-sided twaddle about Madrid week in week out. So strangely Chelsea it was that I was rooting for as I made my home and for the last five minutes or so in front of the box. The childish displays as certain individuals left the field provided vindication. Incidentally, we'll be watching with interest the allegations about racist abuse being directed at Eto'o. Signs are that it might not be true but it should be investigated and rooted out if there's any truth in it. We're still backing Barça all the way for the league though - oh yes.
Another motorway carousel coming up this evening as we'll be rooting for the demise of the enemy at the hands of the plucky Juventus, not to mention the moment of truth for our own Liverpool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home